45%. I’m close to halfway and haven’t missed a day, and that is a celebration for me – I’m feeling confident about reaching 1,000 daily blog posts. For those of you playing along, I check in every 50 posts to take a macro look and document what I’m learning in this process. I took Seth Godin’s challenge from this blog post: https://seths.blog/2018/10/the-first-1000-are-the-most-difficult/.
2020 has provided many opportunities to write, observe, comment and ponder for certain! I am grateful to be witnessing this time in history as it’s challenging me to learn and grow. I am also finding times of great uncertainty (the majority of this year) bring out the best and worst in all of us – myself included.
At 45% (450/1,000), here’s what I’m learning:
- Operating with an undercurrent of stress on a daily basis results in bad behaviors showing themselves at illogical times.
- When you pause, the gains outweigh the losses and priorities are clearer.
- Gratitude is a necessity, not an option
- People will show you who they are, pay attention.
- Goodness is available despite the dopes.
- Trust the process, it’s worth it.
- Adaptability and flexibility are superpowers – use them.
- There’s plenty to observe, are you present for it?
- Opportunity is available always, will you seek it?
- Doing anything daily – including writing (especially if it’s not easy for you) – will increase your confidence. I know if I set my mind to it, I will do it. I don’t wonder any more.
Thanks @sethgodin, this is a worthy and rewarding challenge! I will gratefully appreciate you for this life changing practice. It’s a gift I didn’t see coming!
Categories: Sue's Daily Blog