Episode 3: Intentional Greatness In Marketing and Advertising, with Anna Anderson
Anna Anderson is the CEO of Art Unlimited, a marketing and advertising firm based in Angora, Minnesota. She is a second-generation business owner, marketing expert, respected speaker and thought leader. Anna is also a recipient of the Joel Labovitz Entrepreneurial Success Award. Anna helps her clients with innovative marketing campaigns and strategies that help propel their businesses to the next level. Anna is a remarkable example of how women entrepreneurs can find success even in male-dominated sectors.
What You Will Learn:
- Anna discusses the unique qualities and opportunities of working for a family business, and she shares the advantages of working alongside her sister and leaning on each other’s business strengths.
- Anna shares the multiple industries Art Unlimited works in, and she discusses the importance of diversifying work into many areas including small business work, tourism, and the roofing home service industry.
- Anna explains why she and Art Unlimited are working with the local school system to increase awareness and understanding of technology and its uses, as a way to strengthen tech skills for local students.
- Anna describes the difficulty that business owners often experience finding assistance to get their vision into the real world as a marketing strategy, and she shares how she resolved to do something about it.
- Learn why Anna doesn’t find it challenging to work in a heavily male-dominated industry like roofing, as women in business sometimes do. She shares the source of her innate confidence, and she explains why she prefers to look forward to the future rather than looking back.
- Anna discusses her faith and why it is the cornerstone of her life philosophy. She talks about making decisions, taking the right opportunities, and letting her faith and her heart guide her.
- Website: www.artunlimitedusa.com
- LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/annaandersonartunlimited/
- LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/art-unlimited/
Intentional Greatness in Marketing and Advertising
You’re here because you know that learning never ends. You’re the kind of entrepreneur, business owner or leader who realizes that the pursuit of a perfect life, while a worthy goal, is also an impossible one. You know there is no end to the race, and you’re ready to power through anyway. You know that the climb to the top is endless, but you’re going to make the climb anyway. In short, you’re ready to become an unf♥<kwithable leader.
I’d like to introduce you to my friend, Anna Anderson. Anna is the CEO of Art Unlimited, an Angora, Minnesota-based marketing and advertising firm. Anna is a successful second-generation business owner, entrepreneur, speaker, and marketing expert. Alongside her sister and with the support of her parents, Anna works in numerous industries to help her clients get their marketing message out through innovative campaigns and approaches. Anna shows us that women in business can find profound success even in male-dominated industries.
In this episode of the Intentional Greatness Podcast, Anna and I talk about the remarkable advantages and opportunities she has found working in a family-business and working directly with her sister and parents. Anna shares her drive to help business leaders turn their vision into marketing reality, and she discusses how her faith and her confidence have been key to her success as a leader.
Working for the Family Business
As a second-generation business owner, Anna has found a source of deep support and guidance from working alongside her sister to run the business. Anna also feels that having her parents be a continued presence in the business has helped smooth the sometimes-difficult generational transition. For Anna, her family ties have been a pillar of strength that have helped her find success in her role. While women in business leadership positions sometimes feel that they have to prove themselves by doing everything alone, Anna has instead used her close family ties to strengthen her abilities as a leader.
One of the important takeaways Anna shared during our conversation is that she and her sister have different leadership styles and different ways of approaching issues. Rather than being a point of tension, Anna and her sister use their differing perspectives as a way to amplify each other’s strengths. Their leadership styles may be different, but they are complementary.
Letting Faith, Confidence and Heart Guide Her
One of the primary industries Art Unlimited operates in is the heavily male-dominated roofing industry. When I asked Anna if she found it challenging to move within that space and make her voice heard (as many women entrepreneurs do when working in a male-dominated industry), she said that she hasn’t considered it to be a challenge or in any way an obstacle. Part of that comes from her strong, confident nature, an attribute that she credits her parents for instilling within her.
Another source of strength for Anna is her profound faith. Anna turns to her faith to help her make the right decisions, take advantage of the right business strategies, and guide her to be an effective leader. Anna’s inspiring faith has given her a sense of gratitude for the opportunities she has had in her career, and it helps guide her to create new opportunities for herself. Anna is a powerful leader, and I hope her story inspires women entrepreneurs to charge ahead in blazing their own paths.
Download Your FREE Chapter of Chasing perfection
Get the first chapter of Sue’s book, Chasing Perfection: Shatter The Illusion along with the companion toolkit, the Maximizing Success Journal!