Episode 4: Intentional Greatness In Leadership and Coaching, with Pam Borton
Pam Borton is a top-performing ICF executive and leadership coach, professional keynote speaker, author, entrepreneur, and former women’s basketball coach for the Vermont Catamounts and later the NCAA Final Four-ranked Minnesota Golden Gophers team. Pam is an expert in advancing women as C-suite leaders, having founded her Women ON Point consultancy to do just that. Pam is also the founder of TeamWomen Minnesota, an organization for female leaders, and Empower, a leadership academy for girls in grades 5 through 12 that helps inspire and grow the next generation of women leaders. In addition to these remarkable achievements, Pam is the author of On Point: A Coach’s Game Plan for Life, Leadership, and Performing With Grace Under Fire.
What You Will Learn:
- Pam discusses her career as a coach for the Minnesota Golden Gophers women’s basketball team and the prestige of being the most winning coach in the history of the women’s basketball program.
- Pam shares how she instills confidence in her team, staff and herself. She discusses translating the leadership skills she developed on the basketball court to the C-suite in her work helping women leaders excel.
- Learn what steps Pam takes to take care of herself and work around her always-moving lifestyle. She shares the importance of scheduling time for herself and working it into her daily routine.
- Pam talks about developing a strategic vision and taking a step back from the day-to-day operations through delegating work to others. She shares how she always had a vision for what she wanted her future to look like.
- Pam shares why she doesn’t look back on her life with regrets for the bad times and the mistakes she made. She explains why those tough situations have been important to bring her to where she is today.
- Pam discusses why she wrote her book, why she hated the process, and why she wants to write another book to get her message out to as many people as possible. She shares who most inspires and motivates her.