Episode 4: Intentional Greatness In Leadership and Coaching, with Pam Borton
Pam Borton is a top-performing ICF executive and leadership coach, professional keynote speaker, author, entrepreneur, and former women’s basketball coach for the Vermont Catamounts and later the NCAA Final Four-ranked Minnesota Golden Gophers team. Pam is an expert in advancing women as C-suite leaders, having founded her Women ON Point consultancy to do just that. Pam is also the founder of TeamWomen Minnesota, an organization for female leaders, and Empower, a leadership academy for girls in grades 5 through 12 that helps inspire and grow the next generation of women leaders. In addition to these remarkable achievements, Pam is the author of On Point: A Coach’s Game Plan for Life, Leadership, and Performing With Grace Under Fire.
What You Will Learn:
- Pam discusses her career as a coach for the Minnesota Golden Gophers women’s basketball team and the prestige of being the most winning coach in the history of the women’s basketball program.
- Pam shares how she instills confidence in her team, staff and herself. She discusses translating the leadership skills she developed on the basketball court to the C-suite in her work helping women leaders excel.
- Learn what steps Pam takes to take care of herself and work around her always-moving lifestyle. She shares the importance of scheduling time for herself and working it into her daily routine.
- Pam talks about developing a strategic vision and taking a step back from the day-to-day operations through delegating work to others. She shares how she always had a vision for what she wanted her future to look like.
- Pam shares why she doesn’t look back on her life with regrets for the bad times and the mistakes she made. She explains why those tough situations have been important to bring her to where she is today.
- Pam discusses why she wrote her book, why she hated the process, and why she wants to write another book to get her message out to as many people as possible. She shares who most inspires and motivates her.
- Website: https://pambortonpartners.com
- Website: https://empowergirlsacademy.org
- Website: https://teamwomenmn.org/
- Twitter: @borton_pam
- On Point by Pam Borton: https://amzn.to/2OZl7l2
Intentional Greatness in Leadership and Coaching
You’re here because you know that learning never ends. You’re the kind of entrepreneur, business owner or leader who realizes that the pursuit of a perfect life, while a worthy goal, is also an impossible one. You know there is no end to the race, and you’re ready to power through anyway. You know that the climb to the top is endless, but you’re going to make the climb anyway. In short, you’re ready to become an unfu♥<kwithable leader.
I want to introduce you to my friend, Pam Borton. Pam is an exceptional leadership coach, author, keynote speaker, mentor, entrepreneur, and former women’s basketball coach. Pam works extensively to promote and elevate women leaders through her Women ON Point, TeamWomen and Empower organizations, and her executive training helps both men and women become exceptional C-suite leaders.
In this episode of the Intentional Greatness Podcast, Pam and I discuss her remarkable career, starting from her long and impressive record as the most winning women’s coach in Minnesota Golden Gophers history. Pam shares how she has adapted the leadership skills she learned on the court to work in today’s business world. Pam also discusses the vital work she does in helping inspire and train the future women leaders of the world through her Empower program for 5-12th grade girls.
A Winning Legacy
During her impressive time as a women’s basketball coach, Pam learned the critical skills needed to instill a sense of teamwork, achievement and structure in her basketball team. Through Pam’s leadership and her keen sense of how to guide her players, Pam achieved an overall career record as a head coach of 305-198, and she holds the record as the winningest head coach in the Minnesota Golden Gophers women’s basketball program history.
Those same skills that Pam mastered in leading her players to victory after victory have served her well in her role as an executive coach to top business clients. Pam has also taken a strong role as an advocate for and mentor to women leaders, through her Women ON Point, TeamWomen and Empower organizations. Pam believes that leaders must possess vision and must be able to see the bigger picture without micromanaging those they lead.
Pam Borton is the kind of person who never stops moving, as demonstrated by her remarkable resume of achievements. Of course, maintaining a breakneck pace in her professional life hasn’t always been easy, and so one of the key ways Pam has managed to maintain her energy and outlook is by scheduling time for herself to pursue the things she cares about.
Pam also doesn’t believe in regrets for past mistakes or for difficult obstacles she has faced. Rather, Pam sees those experiences as being an intrinsic part of who she is today and a key component of the strength and drive that has pushed her to succeed. She draws inspiration from the people around her, and believes that the people we choose to surround ourselves with play a vital role in our outlook, opportunities and success.
Get the first chapter of Sue’s book, Chasing Perfection: Shatter The Illusion along with the companion toolkit, the Maximizing Success Journal!